Sun, Oct 22|
The Flour Pot, LLC
Cake Decorating 101
Have you ever tried to frost and decorate a cake only to fail miserably? Then this cake decorating tutorial is a must do! Agatha Pelliccione of Agatha's Cake will give a step by step hands-on lesson for working with Chantilly frosting for decorating your cake.
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2023, 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
The Flour Pot, LLC, 307 Reid St, De Pere, WI 54115, USA
About the event
So you're thinking about decorating a cake. Maybe you've done it before, maybe you haven't. But either way, you're no expert. Sound about right?
This cake decorating class, taught by Agatha is for beginners who wish to master the art of cake decorating with frosting using a piping bag and tips. This is a 3 hour instructional hands-on class.
Class will begin with a demonstration by Agatha on how to decorate a layered cake. While you watch, step by step she will walk you through the process on a pre-baked cake. She will uncover the types of frosting, and share specific tips to decorating a cake for the beginning home baker. You will go home with a hand out that provides the following information:
· Why the cakes are baked ahead of time and frozen before decorating.
· The purpose of using cake turntable.
· How and why, you level your cake.
· How to apply a crumb coat.
· Different types of frosting that can be used.
· The way to apply the frosting.
· How to decorate using piping bags and tips.
The finished cake will be shared with all at the end of the class to sample in house or take home.
Then it's time for you to practice the coating and piping skills using a dummy cake made of foam. Attention is given to each student so that by the end of the class you will have mastered the basics that you can try at home on a real cake.
Tools you'll be provided with to use during class:
· Rotating cake turntable: Not absolutely essential, but will make your task significantly easier.
· Serrated cake or bread knife: For leveling and splitting layers.
· Offset palette knife: For applying frosting without dragging your fingers through it.
· Pastry bag with tips: You can use ziploc bags, but this doesn't work as well.
· Cake smoother/scraper: For smoothing frosting and making decorative markings and patterns.
· Dummy cake: Can be used and reused for practicing different applicaitons.
The cost per person for attending the 3 hour class is $80.
OPTIONAL: You may also choose to add on a "Piping Bags and Tips 32 Piece Set With Storage Box" that you will take home for an additional $15
Future advanced class offerings using real cakes are being considered.
Other class topics can be found on our website. HOME | flourpot (flourpot-llc.com)